A few resources for New residents:
The City of Atlanta has a number of resources to help make living in or moving to Poncey Highland easy. Visit their website to register to vote, learn about the City Council, find information about government services and more.
- Sign up for Nextdoor to receive crime and safety alerts, neighborhood updates, meet your neighbors, sell and give away items, and more.
- City of Atlanta's new resident guide
All about ATL, along with most current information on alarm systems, connecting utilities, license and vehicle registrations, registering to vote, public issues, and more.
- Residential Trash and Recycling Pickup: Aside from holidays, Poncey-Highland resident trash and recycling pick-up occurs each Monday. Learn more about Cartlanta's Residential Curbside Recycling and Solid Waste Pickup programs.
- Kwanza Hall is our City of Atlanta Council Member. Visit his website for contact information and to find out more.
- Learn about Atlanta’s Comprehensive Transportation Plan by visiting the Connect Atlanta Plan Appendices Page.
- Fulton County has a list of all departments and agencies for residents.
Get involved: PHNA resources & Information
- Join PHNA! It's free. Along with hosting monthly meetings, the Poncey-Highland Neighborhood Association publishes a monthly email with meeting reminders, upcoming events, and updates. You can also connect with the community through the Residents of Poncey-Highland Facebook group and our Nextdoor Poncey-Highland Neighborhood forum. The association encourages all who live, work, and play in and around Poncey-Highland to get involved with PHNA.
- Neighborhood Watch: Join the Watch, attend safety events, become a block captain, or just learn more about our neighborhood-wide safety and security program.
- Planning & Variances: Here's everything you need to know about land use in Poncey-Highland, from building permits and zoning resources, to the variance process and key contacts.
Emergencies & City Services
DIAL 911: EmergencIES + CRIMES
The 911 Communications Center receives, classifies and prioritizes calls from the public and dispatches the calls that require police response; transfers and/or directs calls that do not require police response to the proper agency/unit; performs stolen checks on items, wanted/missing checks on persons and hit confirmations from entering agencies; processes requests and/or subpoenas for 911 tapes and Computer Aided Dispatch System (CADS) printouts for citizen and law enforcement personnel; takes reports on designated, non-emergency crimes and completes GCIC/NCIC forms on missing persons and stolen autos.
DIAL 311: Non-Emergency City Services
311 is Atlanta’s primary phone number for government information and non-emergency services. Whether you’re a resident, business owner, or visitor, help is just a click or call away.
By telephone: Dial 311. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The ATL311 Customer Service Center is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Language interpretation service is available.
Online: Visit atl311.com or use a quick link below to make a request or find information:
- Federal and State Law, Licensing and Permitting, Liens and Bankruptcy , Payments and Credits , Taxation
- Bin Request, Bulk Collections, Dead Animal, Graffiti Removal, Illegal Dumping, Recycling, Trash, Yard Trimmings
- Building Inspections, Building Permits, Home Owner Information, Housing Assistance, Zoning
- Claims, Code Enforcement, Fire Prevention, Inmate Services, Police Reports, Safety Inspections
- Park Maintenance, Trees
- Activities, Event Permits, Facility Requests, Recreation Centers
- Bridge Repair , Pothole , Right of Way , Sidewalk Defects , Street Repair …
- Parking Meter , Parking Ticket Disputes , Parking Tickets , Parking Violations , Pay Parking Tickets , Right of Way , Signs and Signals , Transportation …
- Emergency Preparedness, Weather
- Federal and State Law, Municipal Courts, Record Requests
- Flooding , Sewer , Street Lights , Understanding Your Water Bill , Water Bill , Water Services …